Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) AKA Cold Laser Therapy
The 411 about Cold Lasers:
The first thing to note is that cold laser therapy is completely painless!
Low level lasers have been used for over 35 years in numerous countries as a therapeutic treament modality to bring about favorable biological effects in people, plants and animals. Cold lasers are an amazing health tool with countless applications.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
- Reduces pain by causing the production of natural pain killer endorphins.
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain, and heat and enhances the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing.
- Stimulates the release of helpful healing enzymes.
- Releases tight muscles (both smooth and striated) that create chronic pain, joint problems, and decreased mobility.
- Speeds bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation.
- LLLT in the correct frequency appears to be antiviral, antifungal, and antiherpetic.
- Reduction of pain and inflammation results from this treatment, as does the stimulation of nerve regeneration, muscle relaxation and atonicity (lack of muscle tone).
- There is also an indication that laser light therapy helps to increase the immune system response.